Sunday, November 09, 2008

BLAVIN!

I did it. I signed up for NaNoWriMo. Late -- four days behind, to be exact (that's 6,668 words behind) but am now at 11,956 words. I've closed the gap, all I need to be caught up is a little over 3,000 words. I should be able to accomplish that on a Sunday afternoon.

I put the NaNo participant badges on my page here, proudly, and am trying to figure out how to put a little widget word counter on too. Anyone know how to do that? Anyone, Anyone... Beuller...Beuller...Beull - okay, I'll stop. (Figured it out ;-)

I'm writing a kooky story that I'm making up as I go along -- the characters have already taken on some recognizable signs of life, and I'm surviving and continuing to slap words on the virtual page by completely ignoring my internal editor -- and not being afraid to record the suckiest writing that sucks in order to reach the goal of 50,000 words by midnight, November 30.

It's... exhilarating! It is amazing how much output you can achieve if you simply speed write. And it is all practice -- no pressure...just writing like a kid does, for the pure fun of it!

If you haven't checked it out, and you kind of aspire to writing that novel that you just know exists deep inside your brain, check out the NaNoWriMo -- challenge yourself. You never know what you can do, till you sign up for a contest run on the honor system, with no judges, no monitoring and no monetary prize. It's GREAT!

1 comment:

  1. OMG! I'm on it! Thanks! Miss you by the way! (got a great hair cut by the way!)

    ReplyDelete