Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Balance

So, I've pretty much made my peace with the Wii Fit. I'm hopping on every morning, give or take a couple here and there, trying to have some semblance of a fitness routine.

I'm also writing pretty regularly. Mostly it's fits and starts, drabbles here and there, waiting to be spit shined to posting-ready.

I'm also pretty consistently keeping house -- nothing like I used to, but then, I was kind of a clean freak back in the day. But my house is relatively tidy, mostly dust free and regularly wiped and vacuumed, so I'm at peace on the subject.

I'm also regular in my guitar practice. I'm managing a little book and a little tab every day. I've almost got the acoustic opening to Crazy on You by Heart down. So, that's good. I think I'm about ready for an electric. (cover your ears, bebe's, heh-heh-heh)

I'm juggling these balls pretty steadily -- nothing Cirque de Soleil ready, of course, but mostly managing.

The only thing I don't seem able to shim in is regular blogging.

The NaNoWriMo is fast approaching, and although I've gone b*lls out in the two previous years with 50-50 success rate (won '08, didn't win '07) I've actually got a rough plan for this year! I'm excited by the story idea and I will be posting the chapters (as I've finished, so they will be largely unedited. Fair warning) up at my FictionPress account at http://www.fictionpress.com/~solard. Here's the brief synopsis posted at nanowrimo(dot)org:

"The civil war in Heaven left the angelic population devastated. Those choosing to follow Lucifer in his revolt found themselves doomed to walk the earth, caught between the spirit and the tangible world. Those choosing to remain loyal to the High King continue the good fight to this day in battle for the souls of humankind.


There remained a few, unable to make a choice, which were doomed to an unspeakable fate. Sentenced to reincarnate until the End of Days, they remain heavenly souls bound to earthly bodies; neither human, angel nor demon, they know neither the blessings of heaven nor the tortures of hell. They are the Nephilim.


Near the end of the war, with the heavens in turmoil, Zephan makes the fateful decision to escape the choice between serving a King to whom his loyalty wavers and the deplorable Lucifer, arrogant leader of the the Fallen Hosts. At the last possible moment, he seizes his chance, impulsively reaching for the hand of Aziel, dooming her to the same fate; to walk the earth as Nephilim, despised by heaven and hell alike.
"


If you stumble upon this post (I feel like Lt. John Dunbar, sometimes ;-) I hope you'll go check out NaNoWriMo, and my FictionPress account. You're welcome to read my novel, and tell me what you think. All comments welcome, even "flames". (Hey, you gotta let the little ones get their aggressions out in safe ways, after all. Heh.)

No comments:

Post a Comment